Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Washington, District of Columbia, United StatesAccounting & Finance
Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
This role will report into the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis. This is an opportunity to be an early member of a team building financial-based decision making into a mid-sized company. In this role, you will partner with key owners across the business to serve as the key advisor in finance-based decision support including budget creation, forecasting, variance and other key analyses that will be the basis for ideas, for investment, opportunities to create efficiency and long-term planning.
- Manage a portfolio of Great Minds function’s financial planning process and analysis including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis.
- Serve as a key advisor by providing insightful analysis, persuasive commentary, and relevant data that enable decisions.
- Deeply understand Great Minds business model so that Finance’s commentary goes beyond numbers and contextualizes data with business outcomes.
- Leverage our planning tool (Adaptive Insights), Sales tool (Salesforce) and our BI tool (PowerBI) to provide analysis, dashboards and ad-hoc reports.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- 4+ years similar experience in FP&A and/or Business Planning
- Experience leveraging planning tools
- Experience analyzing large data sets to extrapolate meaningful insights that drive business optimization.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand key financial drivers for business models.
- Strong relationship building and experience driving change with senior leaders.
- Storytelling experience that weaves numbers with business context in a way that is accessible for a wide audience.
- Salary based on experience
- Great Minds is currently working a hybrid schedule. Must have the ability to come into the Washington DC office two days/week.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.