Legal Program Assistant
United States, District of Columbia, WashingtonLegal
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Contracts Administrator.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Contracts Administrator helps the Contracts Team to effectively manage, monitor and report contracts with various parties including suppliers, customers, contractors, and vendors of goods and services. The Contracts Administrator is responsible for preparation of contract documents, communication with contractors, maintenance of contract files, running reports, and advising business partners as to upcoming terminations, renewals and deliverables. As part of Great Minds’ Legal team, the Contracts Administrator will work closely with internal and external customers under the direction of the Senior Contracts Manager. The Contracts Administrator will relate cooperatively and professionally with our internal team and our valuable clients to ensure delivery of objectives within deadlines.
- Prepare and route standard template agreements to vendors, contractors
- Work with GM project managers to amend contracts as needed
- Prepare monthly contract reporting to internal stakeholders
- Track/Audit ‘in progress’ contracts, following up with customers, vendors, and other applicable parties to ensure execution
- Support effective implementation, including notifying, in advance, relevant parties of key dates under the contracts.
- Ensure Contract file accuracy and completeness
- Provide contract summaries and assist with record cleanup and database maintenance
- Field contract inquiries, escalating within the legal department as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience working with contracts
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, careful attention to accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of working in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proven initiative and high organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Full Time
- Hybrid role with two days of in-office attendance at D.C. office expected each week.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.