Learning & Talent Development Specialist
Do you have a passion for developing and delivering creative instructional design solutions to further employee growth? Would you like to apply your knowledge and skills to further the mission of a leading-edge K – 12 education organization?
Great Minds (GM) is seeking an energetic and experienced learning professional with a history of high performance to help our energetic and skilled staff continue to develop their knowledge and skills. This role will be responsible for assessing organizational needs, then creating and/ or determining the best delivery of engaging training solutions. The ideal skills this candidate possesses would encompass creative and technical writing skills, experience developing eLearning and / or instructor-led training courses, familiarity with corporate training to remote locations, and solid understanding of adult learning techniques. This position reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer and ideally be based in Richmond, VA.
- Design and develop learning experiences in multiple delivery areas, including e-learning, webinar, in-person, and blended programs.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to create content for training programs and tools while ensuring talent programs meet learner needs.
- Leverage knowledge of and skill in instructional design principles and best practices while creating and revising content.
- Assess quality of third-party programs and content to identify opportunities to replace or supplement existing content.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Lead coordination and delivery of programs, including ensuring successful management of registrations, materials, instructors, and other logistics. Attend or host virtual and in-person sessions as appropriate.
- Analyze and prioritize customer needs, and communicate program content and development timelines.
- Assist in developing the budget and annual Learning and Talent Development calendar
- Facilitate workshops, small group activities, or other programs where subject matter expertise aligns with program content.
- Bachelor's degree or above in relevant field, advanced degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in instructional design, learning and development, or other directly relevant field
- Leading or managing a training function in a corporate setting
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, best practices of instructional design and learning transfer
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Ability to project plan with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects and balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.