Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK-12, is seeking a Learning Experience Designer to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Learning Experience Designer is a synthesis of Instructional Design, educational pedagogy, curriculum development and professional development design thinking.
The Learning Experience Designer develops professional learning experiences, including courses and programs, in alignment with best practices in online and in-person pedagogy. This role will serve as a member of the writing team that supports Great Minds in its mission by promoting effective implementation of Eureka Math. The Learning Experience Designer works to develop professional development content as holistic, intentionally sequenced curricula for teachers and school leadership.
The duties and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, working with the Eureka Math PD team to:
• Create external professional development, aligned with that vision, to facilitate the highest quality of implementation, classroom instruction, and instructional leadership for Eureka Math users.
• Define multi-year PD sequences – around content, instruction and academic equity – with both synchronous and asynchronous delivery modes – for teachers and administrators.
• Participate in the writing effort for all PD resources (e.g., digital course videos, digital course downloads and reading material, workshop facilitator guides, workshop facilitator handouts)
• Participate in an iterative process of creating, facilitating, observing and revising PD based on participant input and feedback
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of Eureka Math’s curricular design and ensures that Eureka Math users are prepared to implement the curriculum with fidelity and to deliver high quality, equitable instruction to all students.
The Eureka Math PD team will work with the larger Eureka Math team to:
• Monitor the impact of PD on teaching and administrative practices across a variety of demographic and geographic users
• Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data on teaching and administrative practices, including that from student performance data.
• Collaborate with PD facilitator leads to create internal training courses for facilitators as they prepare to facilitate in-person and virtual PD sessions.
Relevant Experience and Skills
• Experience developing professional development in support of a specific curriculum or other educational resource.
• Deep content knowledge in Mathematics with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an associated content area
• Experience designing and writing in-person PD workshops.
• Experience designing and writing asynchronous, digital professional development courses.
• Experience facilitating professional development workshops for teachers and administrators.
• Knowledge of the history and evolution of mathematics pedagogical approaches.
• Superior writing and editing skills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample required)
• At least 5 years of teaching experience.
• Experience with or knowledge of the Eureka Math curriculum strongly preferred.
• Knowledge base in the features of professional growth programs that create a positive, long-term impact on teaching practice.
• Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards desired.
• Respect for education professionals.
• Flexible thinking.
• Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset.
• Proactive problem solving.
• Ability to demonstrate “grace under pressure”.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Receptivity to multiple viewpoints.
• Ability to contribute to big-picture vision.
• Commitment to high standards of excellence.
Eureka Math PD Content Architect
The Learning Experience Designer will travel approximately 10 - 15% of the time to observe PD facilitation, instruction related to professional development, and attend any in-person all-staff meetings.
Resume, cover letter, vetting task which includes writing sample, required. Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99 – $74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.