IT Security Engineer
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced IT Security Engineer.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The IT Security Engineer role is for an experienced and hands-on security engineer who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. We are expanding the Great Minds Tech team, building out our IT Security capabilities and rebuilding our systems from the ground up and looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
The focus will be on our corporate infrastructure and our security processes and procedures (endpoint management, intrusion prevention, disaster recovery, policies and plans). You will be an escalation point for security events. In addition, you may be a resource on corporate technology projects.
An ideal candidate will have hands-on skills supporting a Windows and Mac environment and have broad range of experience using cloud and security tools (Okta, Jamf, Azure AD, O365, Zscaler, Cylance, Proofpoint, etc). We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement to IT operations.
- Prepare and update IT Security documentation ( Policies, procedures, response plans, etc)
- Analyze security compliance requirements for new system features and proactively identifying potential security issues
- Develop, monitor, and assess our data, tech tools, and network security implementations
- Configure, administer, and troubleshoot corporate security tools (DLP, IDS, SIEM, etc.)
- Develops and publishes metrics, reports, and/or dashboards demonstrating security posture and event activity
- Create configuration baselines, identify gaps and create detailed recommendations
- Maintain awareness of external events to identify threats and opportunities for enhancement
- Assist in major incident management and problem management processes
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience of Information Technology security work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of overall IT experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in application security, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and risk assessment activities across functional business areas and technology services
- Knowledge or experience penetration testing methods and tools such as Burp Suite, Metasploit, OWASP ZAP, nmap, Nessus, Rapid7, Kali Linux, and more
- Demonstrated ability to explain standards and frameworks such as OWASP Top Ten, NIST 800-171, CIS Benchmarks, and more to technical and non-technical staff, developers, system administrators, and management
- Experience with Microsoft AD, Azure AD, LDAP, and Mac security controls
- Experience managing Office 365 security controls (data loss prevention, encryption)
- Experience with or knowledge of either application security or AWS infrastructure security
- Some audit and compliance (ISO-27000, NIST-800, SOC, PCI) efforts and understanding
- PowerShell, Bash, Python scripting, and coding abilities
- Security+, CSA+, or similar certification
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements
- Ability to drive or fly to various office locations
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the business
- Ability to work in and enjoy a fast-paced environment across organizational teams
- Washington D.C. or Remote
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.