IT Desktop Support
United States, Virginia, RichmondTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced IT Desktop Support.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely-used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Desktop Support role is for an experienced IT Specialist who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. The Great Minds IT team is looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent customer service and problem solving skills. You will solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas in our Washington, DC HQ.
An ideal candidate will be skilled in supporting Windows and/or Macs, and have broad range of experience using and supporting cloud software and zoom. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
This role is based in our Richmond, VA.
- Provide first level contact for Richmond customer issues
- Provision, ship and track laptops
- Escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Walk customers through problem solving process in person or via telephone
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of assigned tickets
- Manage inventory of hardware and software for end users
- Manage and maintain shared Zoom meeting spaces located at the Richmond headquarters
- Update customer data and produce activity reports
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of desktop support procedures, products and services
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related field
- 3+ years technology work experience and 2-3 years demonstrated information technology work across diverse application areas and technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Windows 10 and/or Mac
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other service management solutions
- Experience supporting Microsoft O365 & Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Slack and/or MS Teams
- Experience troubleshooting Cloud-based applications and technology
- Experience with SSO applications such as ADFS, Okta or OneLogin
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers
- Richmond, VA
- Hybrid: in office 3 days per week
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.