IT Desktop Engineer
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced IT Desktop Engineer.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely-used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Lead, the IT Desktop Engineer role is for an experienced IT Desktop Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. We are building Great Minds IT team and environment from the ground up and looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
An ideal candidate will be skilled in managing small teams or IT projects, supporting a Windows and Mac environment, and have broad range of experience using and supporting cloud, security and network tools. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement to IT operations.
- Provide day to day operational direction to the rest of the team, and general coordination with IT leadership
- Work daily with other IT technical staff and customers delivering services and support
- Research and document new software and hardware in support of service requests or project assignments
- Test and install software via Microsoft Intune, knowledge to trouble shoot and resolve install issues.
- Provide prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of all assigned project or service requests.
- Build, manage and support Intune deploy packages for our Windows 10 pcs
- Build, manage and support Jamf for our Macs deployments
- Identify process improvements and automate via scripts, tools, etc
- Coordinate IT support activities with third party vendors
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues
- Create reports and dashboards within Jira
- Support large IT projects - acting as SME, tester, tracking and status updates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years’ technology work experience and 3-5 years demonstrated information technology work across diverse application areas and technologies
- 2-3 years’ experience managing small teams or projects
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of IT policies and industry best practice (ITIL, Agile Frameworks, ITSM)
- Experience supporting Microsoft O365 & Microsoft technologies
- Experience troubleshooting Cloud-based applications and technology ( AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SSO applications such as Azure AD, ADFS, Okta or OneLogin
- Experience with Slack or MS Teams
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other service management solutions
- Experience providing customer support via phone, chat, tickets, or in-person interactions
- Experience with Microsoft Intune ( AutoPilot, Deploys, Imaging)
- Experience with Zoom conference room equipment
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers
- This role will be in DC office 2-3 days a week
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.