Implementation Leader, Mathematics
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing nonprofit that develops world-class curricula and professional development for grades PK–12, seeks an Implementation Leader to join our dynamic, dedicated mathematics team. The mission of Great Minds is to ensure that all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give schoolteachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The Implementation Leader, Eureka Math is a member of the Implementation Success team and supports Great Minds in its mission by promoting the adoption and effective implementation of Eureka Math.
In this role, the Implementation Leader will
- foster long-term relationships with school leaders and teachers that are based on trust, mutual respect, and shared goals for success;
- help ensure that all Eureka Math implementations result in student growth;
- provide efficient and timely access to rigorous content expertise, implementation resources, and key information needed to fulfill the goal of high-quality instruction for all; and
- facilitate professional development and coaching sessions.
The Implementation Leader is knowledgeable about the features and advantages of Great Minds products and offerings. This role ensures that implementers of Eureka Math
understand the philosophy and best practices that form the foundation of the curriculum and accompanying support. The Implementation Leader demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for a designated set of Eureka Math implementations
- Serve as the primary Eureka Math content expert for a designated set of Great Minds sales professionals
- Collaborate with assigned implementations by following defined protocols and planning structures to suggest strategies, resources, or offerings (e.g., meetings, presentations, webinars, print collateral, digital content, or services) needed to support successful implementation of Eureka Math.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the catalog of Eureka Math PD and coaching offerings
- Facilitate select PD and coaching sessions
- Gather, monitor, and record program success metrics at regular intervals; document these metrics and all significant customer interactions
- Document and communicate insights about Eureka Math implementation to leadership based on interactions with assigned implementations.
- Contribute to the development of resources that support implementation success.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Experience leading a district- or school-level implementation of Eureka Math or another high-quality math curriculum
- Experience working in or with K–12 schools
- Experience with both digital and print education platforms
- Knowledge of the factors that drive decision making at all levels of public, charter, and private schools
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision making, and PD facilitation
- Deep content knowledge in mathematics with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an associated content area
- A record of garnering respect from interactions with a wide variety of positions in schools, districts, and professional networks
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Commitment to high standards of excellence
The Implementation Leader may travel approximately 25% of the time, depending on location. Tasks while traveling may include the following:
- Create and support school- and district-level implementation plans
- Observe instruction and PD on site to gather data for long-term implementation and PD planning
- Facilitate PD and coaching sessions in the field
- Participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year)
A valid driver’s license and willingness to fly and drive are required to fulfill PD and client service assignments.
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional development session
- Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development
- Immediate opportunities available
- Full time, exempt
- Resume and cover letter required
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.