Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Implementation Lead, Central Region, Humanities.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Implementation Lead, Humanities supports Great Minds in its mission to promote effective adoption and implementation of all Humanities curricula.
The Implementation Lead reports to the Regional Director, Central and plays a critical role in the development and execution of the Humanities implementation plan. The Implementation Lead is responsible for:
The Implementation Lead will contribute to the Great Minds Humanities implementation success strategy, including:
The Implementation Lead is responsible for pro-active and effective development and oversight of the Humanities instructional support plan. The Implementation Lead maintains intimate knowledge of the features and advantages of Humanities Team products and offerings. The Implementation Lead demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled instructional coach and educational leader to implement and contribute to Great Mind’s organizational mission to support curriculum and resources that ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; however, many members of our team of teacher-writers and professional development facilitators work remotely. It is essential for the Implementation Lead to live within, and have deep knowledge of, the region he or she supports. We are ideally seeking candidates who live (or will relocate to) Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio.
Regional Director, Central
The Implementation Lead may travel approximately 30-40% of the time, depending on location, to:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Plan and execute pre-launch structures and communications, including sales content support and setting up and supporting successful pilots
· Establish and monitor post-launch implementation plans that include checking in and reviewing data, answering questions about grading, assessment, encouraging on-going PLC and professional development plans
· Shape resources, services, and recommended client practices through knowledge of academic research, collaboration with Great Minds colleagues, and insights gained from customer interactions and site visits
· Identify trends and categories of implementer needs at all stages of implementation
· Conceptualize, collaboratively develop, pilot and evaluate year-round and multi-year solutions-based plans, resources and protocols to:
o provide all stakeholders with an understanding of the philosophy and best practices at the foundation of Great Minds’ curricula
o partner with Account Sales Manager and Project Director to support district and state leadership
o support site leadership in executing implementations with integrity
o support teachers in improving their craft and delivering high-quality Great Minds instruction
o support students and families in awareness of resources to support their learning
· Stay abreast of, and share with the organization, the regional trends and factors that influence customer practices, sensitivities, and purchasing practices
· Serve as a bridge across all colleagues (PD facilitators, Customer Success Representatives, Sales team), interacting with customers in the region
· Represent Great Minds through presentations at conferences, contribute to content in the form of blogs, whitepapers, etc.
Relevant Experience and Skills
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.