Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks an Implementation Lead to join our dynamic, dedicated mathematics team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The Implementation Lead—Eureka Math is a member of the Professional Development and Implementation Success team and supports Great Minds in its mission by promoting the adoption and effective implementation of Eureka Math. In this role, the Implementation Lead will:
- Foster long-term relationships with school leaders and teachers that are based on trust, mutual respect, and shared goals for success;
- Help ensure that all Eureka Math implementations result in student growth; and
- Provide efficient and timely access to rigorous content expertise, implementation resources, and key information needed to fulfill the goal of high-quality instruction for all.
The Implementation Lead is knowledgeable about the features and advantages of Great Minds products and offerings. This role ensures that implementers of Eureka Math understand the philosophy and best practices that form the foundation of the curriculum and accompanying support. The Implementation Lead demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for a designated set of Eureka Math implementations and pilots.
- Collaborate with assigned implementations by following defined protocols and planning structures to suggest strategies, resources, or offerings (e.g., meetings, presentations, webinars, print collateral, digital content, or services) needed to support successful implementation of Eureka Math. This may include:
- Educating school and district leadership about the curriculum’s philosophy and best practices;
- Supporting teachers in improving their craft and delivering high-quality Great Minds instruction; and
- Promoting student and family awareness about resources that support learning.
- Develop expertise and maintain fluency in the key messages found within each Eureka Math professional development (PD) session.
- Facilitate select PD sessions.
- Gather, monitor, and record program success metrics at regular intervals; document these metrics and all significant customer interactions in Salesforce.
- Document and communicate insights to leadership based on interactions with assigned implementations. Examples:
- Trends and categories of needs at all stages of implementation.
- Quantitative and qualitative feedback and metrics on implementations, including student performance data.
- User feedback or observational data derived from visits to classrooms, planning periods, PD, parent nights, etc.
- Collaboration with Great Minds colleagues to compare and contrast data trends and outliers.
Multiple roles are available, including Implementation Manager, Implementation Lead, and Implementation Specialist. In addition to the responsibilities listed above, Implementation Managers have supervisory responsibilities. Managers and Leads may support larger districts with more complex needs. Specialists support a greater number of smaller implementations and respond to inbound inquiries from their assigned geographic region. Candidates will be considered for a specific role based on their prior experience in management and leadership. The reporting structure will vary by role.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Experience leading a district- or school-level implementation of Eureka Math.
- Experience working in or with K–12 schools.
- Experience using Salesforce (or similar tools).
- A record of garnering respect from interactions with a wide variety of positions in schools, districts, and professional networks.
- Knowledge of the factors that drive decision making at all levels of public, charter, and private schools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision making, and PD facilitation.
- Deep content knowledge in mathematics with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an associated content area.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Respect for education professionals.
- Flexible thinking.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset.
- Proactive problem solving.
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints.
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision.
- Commitment to high standards of excellence.
Great Minds is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; however, team members work remotely. The Implementation Manager, Lead, and Specialist can work remotely.
The Implementation Lead may travel approximately 15–25% of the time, depending on location. Tasks while traveling may include the following:
- Create and support school- and district-level implementation plans.
- Observe instruction and PD on site to gather data for long-term implementation and PD planning.
- Facilitate and/or observe PD sessions in the field.
- Participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year).
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.