Humanities Implementation Leader
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesServices - Implementation and Professional Development
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks an Implementation Leader to join our growing Humanities team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Implementation Leader, Humanities supports Great Minds in its mission to promote effective adoption and implementation of all Humanities curriculum products. Maintaining intimate knowledge of the features of Humanities Team products and offerings, Implementation Leaders work to support districts and schools successfully implement Great Minds curriculum with fidelity. The Implementation Leader fosters long-term relationships with district leaders, school leaders and teachers, develops implementation plans for partners, provides content support, and delivers onsite, job embedded coaching that results in student growth.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for skilled instructional coaches, school leaders, or district leaders who are experienced in implementing a high-quality curriculum to contribute to Great Minds’ organizational mission to develop curriculum and resources that ensure all students have access to a high-quality, knowledge-based education. While the work is remote, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Implementation Services Director, Humanities
- Manage a portfolio of strategic partnerships to support a set of schools with diverse needs
- Develop school and district-wide implementation plans, including professional development and onsite job-embedded coaching of district and school leaders
- Shape resource and recommended client practices through knowledge of academic research, collaboration with Great Minds colleagues, and insights gained from customer interactions and site visits
- Plan and execute pre-launch structures and communications by providing sales content assistance and supporting the implementation of beta partnerships and pilots
- Establish and monitor post-launch implementation plans that include scheduled school visits, periodic meetings with partners to monitor progress, review data, provide support regarding assessment and grading, and encourage ongoing PLC and professional development plans
- Identify trends and gather data to support long-term implementation and professional development planning
- Conceptualize, collaboratively develop, pilot and evaluate year-round and multi-year solution-based plans to:
- provide all stakeholders with an understanding of the philosophy and best practices at the foundation of Great Minds’ curricula
- partner with Account Solutions Manager (Sales) and Implementation Services Directors to support school, district, and state leadership
- support site leadership in executing implementations with integrity
- support teachers in improving their craft and delivering high-quality Great Minds instruction
- support students and families in awareness of resources to support their learning
- Address site-based priorities and challenges with leadership
- Provide timely communication with Humanities leadership related to risks, feedback, and other matters relevant to Great Minds and its mission
- Stay abreast of, and share with the organization, the regional trends and factors that influence customer practices, sensitivities, and purchasing practices
- Serve as a bridge across all colleagues (PD facilitators, Customer Success Representatives, Sales team) interacting with customers in the region
- Represent Great Minds through presentations at conferences, contribute to content in the form of blogs, whitepapers, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality
- Proactively support and coach site-based leadership to implement Humanities curricula using Humanities implementation plans, protocols, and resources
- Act as the instructional point of contact for Great Minds implementation stakeholders, including state and district level decision-makers
- Offer transferable and scalable strategies for other partnerships
- Contribute to the development of a network of advocates for the mission of Great Minds
- Plan, delegate, conduct, and support leadership development
- Support observation and development of facilitators to successfully communicate Humanities messaging and execute professional development for external partners
- Work with Professional Development Services and other Great Minds team members to implement protocols for preparation, debrief, addressing challenges, and coordination with professional development sites
- Evaluate execution of professional development sessions and provide feedback to improve practices
- Consult with the Humanities Content Development team on the development of professional development resources
- Contribute to the innovation of new products, features, offerings, or marketing strategies to promote the mission of Great Minds
- At least 7 years of experience as a classroom teacher or educator
- Experience implementing Wit & Wisdom and/or an aligned high-quality curriculum
- Proficiency with or alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
- Demonstrated experience in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision-making, and professional development facilitation
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts
- Clear and succinct writing skills, with the ability to produce implementation plans aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Receptivity to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Proficiency in both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
Future travel (up to 50%) may be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.