Human Resources Generalist
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Human Resources Generalist.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition and Development. This highly visible role demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and willingness to handle the management and administrative details of sourcing, reviewing, documenting, and interviewing candidates for our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate enjoys thriving in a team-based, challenging, and fast paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking tasks are the norm. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are a must to succeed in this role.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Human Resources Support
- Participate in new hire orientation process.
- Ensures that I-9 documentation and procedures are accurately followed.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background check paperwork.
- Maintains and updates employee records following security and privacy procedures at all times, including processing of employee changes and paperwork.
- Maintains employee data with accuracy.
- Manages uploads of HRIS, performance management software, organization chart, and other databases.
- Project management coordination.
- Systems Administration.
- Responsible for interpretation and enforcement of HR and Company policies and procedures, employee handbook, and documentation.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Source, screen, and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; utilizing online resources and maintaining recruiting database.
- Establish and maintain relationship with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hires, ensure accuracy in job postings and advertising.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel/online meeting arrangements as necessary.
- Involved in the placing of job advertisements for open positions in online publications and job boards.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in an office environment. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and basic understanding of updating intranet content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and capable of handling many different tasks in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility in adapting to the growing and changing needs of the organization.
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Previous recruiting experience, familiar with online recruiting tool.
- ‘Take Charge’ attitude desired with customer focus.
- Intellectually curious, paying high attention to details, and ability to problem solve and look for solutions independently.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve process and procedures.
- Located in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Excellent benefits package.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.