Human Resources Business Partner
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCHuman Resources
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Human Resources Business Partner.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The HRBP team supports our growing business by advising client groups to ensure Great Minds people strategy is effectively implemented throughout the organization. These conversations will include employee relations, organizational design, engagement strategies and succession planning. You will be engaged at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to the C-Suite.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation and Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new HR programs and policies
- Assists with international employees with assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Partner with the recruiting team to help with talent needs, prioritization, and progress against hiring plans
- Works with assigned departments on employee engagement plans
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of HRBP experience
- Ability to collaborate and proactively partner with assigned departments
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions within the business
- Proven experience providing business insights to inform HR strategy
- Experience in a fast-growing organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hybrid role - two times as week in the office (DC or Richmond)
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.