United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCHuman Resources
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced HR Generalist.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Relations & Engagement, the HR Generalist will be a resource in support of Great Minds various departments and teams.
Responsibilities of the HR Generalist specifically include:
- Manage Smartsheets for processing employee status changes
- Manage the surveys for first 90-day engagement, exit interview process and other surveying
- Processing and submitting unemployment claim paperwork
- Manage 3rd party payroll for international hires, coordinating with A&F
- Manage compliance of state and local reporting requirements
- Coordinate with Sales Team on contract requests related to employment
- Help coordinate with Corporate Services for materials mailed out to employees.
- Manage Docusign-Sending out and collecting agreements via Docusign.
- Consult with managers and staff with objective setting and regular feedback processes as well as managing a culture of continuous conversation that supports development and growth.
- Provide support to HRBPs to help manage employee performance issues
- Consult on activities designed to improve employee engagement.
- Maintain digital files for employee files
- Collaborate on process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with vendors, management and employees to maintain positive customer service relationships and engagement
- Will participate in project teams as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in an office environment. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and capable of handling many different tasks in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility in adapting to the growing and changing needs of the organization.
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to learn and grow within the role. High attention to details, and ability to problem solve and look for solutions independently.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve process and procedures.
- Located in Washington DC or Richmond VA.
- Excellent benefits package.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.