Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks an HR Assistant to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Working under the direction of the Senior Manager Talent Acquisition and Development, the Human Resources Assistant will administer a variety of human resources activities and programs, including those related to staffing, compensation, benefits, training and workplace safety.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers employee questions about human resources matters such as payroll, benefits, retirement plans, hiring procedures and company policy; referrals are made to specialists when necessary.
- Assists with new hire orientation and enrollment for new employees.
- Insures that I9 documentation and procedures are accurately followed.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background check paperwork.
- Maintains and updates employee records following security and privacy procedures at all times, including processing of employee changes and paperwork.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process, including scheduling meetings and interviews as requested by hiring managers.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Assists with processing terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of performance reviews.
- Assists the Chief Human Resources Officer with various research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or in progress- or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must exhibit a positive, "can do" attitude, with an eagerness to learn
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates integrity and ability to work with highly confidential material
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a small, rapidly growing organization
- Full-time, nonexempt
- Excellent benefits package
Based in Washington, DC near the Navy Yard Metro