Fulfillment & Logistics Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Fulfillment & Logistics Manager.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Logistics and Fulfillment Manager will support the Operations Department through data analysis, vendor coordination, and process improvement. This person will be the primary point of contact to our fulfillment warehousing and logistics partners on the west coast. This position requires residency in Las Vegas, NV (or within reasonable driving distance) to allow for frequent visits to our new warehouse located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Develop & maintain business relationship with logistic service providers (LSP) and fulfillment vendors to drive operational excellence
- Serve as liaison between logistics company and fulfillment vendors at multiple locations
- Conduct site visits to fulfillment warehouses and logistics company as necessary. Verifies that processes have been correctly implemented and hand-off between fulfillment and logistics is proceeding to plan.
- Serve as SME for new logistics and fulfillment vendor onboarding
- Participate and contribute to six sigma processes with vendors
- Review logistics and fulfillment exception reporting to:
- Ensure that deliveries deadlines are being met
- Ensure that fulfillment SLA’s are being met
- Liaise with logistics vendor personnel to track down errant deliveries and ensure a new delivery date is set
- Liase with fulfillment vendor personnel to track down and resolve issues
- Track and manage the quality of logistical and fulfillment solutions and engage in root-cause analysis when problems arise
- Provides feedback to management on issues that are jeopardizing customer deliveries.
- Proactively works with vendors to prevent and resolve issues thereby limiting impact to customers
- Develop workflows aimed at improving the customer experience with fulfillment, shipping, and delivery
- Develop and implement key SOPs within areas of responsibility
- Develop effective and reliable reporting dashboards and communicate these with leadership
- Frequently monitor and audit shipping andf fulfillment costs provided by vendors
- Assist in managing projects as needed regarding needs such as inventory transfers, quality control implementation, identifying new vendors as needed
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in transportation strategy, supply chain, logistics, operations
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Lean or six sigma experience highly valued
- High degree of confidence utilizing technology
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Logistics and order management system experience
- Las Vegas, NV area location
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM)
- Experience with systems integrations
- Pay based on experience
- This position is home-based
- 30% travel required to visit vendor fulfillment sites
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.