Freelance Supplier Production Coordinator
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an Freelance Supplier Production Coordinator.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Freelance Supplier Production Coordinator reports to the Supplier Production Team Lead within the Production Services department at Great Minds, a rapidly growing, non-profit organization that develops world-class curricula for grades PK-12. While envisioned as freelance, we are committed to converting this role to full-time for the right person.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington D.C., this position can be performed remotely. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project meetings
- Coordinating work of offshore suppliers
- Establishing best practices for duties including schedule, project responsibilities, product development, communications and support
- Demonstrating solid decision making and willingness to advise product team in issues; taking the lead by offering creative solutions to content development problems
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team to provide solutions
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution
- Preparing agendas and necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Creating, adapting, and curating project-specific checklists
- Verifying that project templates and documentation are available to suppliers prior to project launch
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep
- Completing other project tasks as required
Freelance Supplier Production Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination, preferably in educational publishing, especially PK-12 book publishing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Experience directing and interacting with offshore vendors
- Attention to detail
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.