Freelance Associate Production Coordinator
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Freelance Associate Production Coordinator to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The freelance project coordinator is an independent contractor position and reports to the manager of the Supplier Services team within the Production Services department at Great Minds, a rapidly growing, non-profit organization that develops world-class curricula for grades PK-12.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington D.C., this position can be performed remotely. The project coordinator position works closely with outside suppliers and project managers to organize ongoing projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project meetings
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution
- Preparing agendas and necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Developing project strategies and ensuring that project scope adheres to parameters and frameworks
- Creating, adapting, and curating project-specific checklists
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team to provide solutions
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep
- Completing project tasks as required
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination
- 2+ years of experience in publishing production
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of and experience with task management platforms
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.