Finance & Operations Business Manager
RemoteWashington DC, District of Columbia, United StatesOperations
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Business Manager to join our dynamic, dedicated Operations team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
This is a newly created role reporting into the Chief Business Operations Officer that will drive financial planning, forecasting and analysis for our Operations team which includes Production Services, Demand Forecasting, Procurement, Warehousing and Distribution for Great Minds. This will be the sole person leading analysis on the Operations team with a dotted line into the global Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Manage the financial planning process and analysis including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis for the Great Minds Operations team.
- Serve as the key advisor to the Chief Business Operations Officer by providing insightful analysis, persuasive commentary, and relevant data that enable decisions.
- Work in close collaboration and serve as a trusted partner to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Deeply understand Great Minds' business model so that Finance’s commentary goes beyond numbers and contextualizes data with business outcomes.
- Provide dashboards, reports and support ad-hoc data requests that provide accurate and meaningful information to enable evidence-based decisions.
- Provide support on RFP process for vendor pricing.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- 5+ years similar experience in FP&A and/or Business Planning.
- Experience in manufacturing/consumer goods preferred.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management.
- Experience working with companies that have inventory.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand key financial drivers for business models.
- Strong relationship building and experience driving change with senior leaders.
- Storytelling experience that weaves numbers with business context in a way that is accessible for a wide audience.
Excellent benefits package.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices