Facilities Administrative Associate
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking a Facilities Administrative Associate to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Founded in 2007, Great Minds is a rapidly growing DC-based non-profit operating nationwide that develops world-class curricula for grades PK-12. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
In 2010, Great Minds published the Common Core Curriculum Maps for ELA. The success of the ELA offering was followed by being awarded 3 contracts to develop a Pre K-12 math curriculum for the New York State Education Department. Great Minds owns this curriculum, which is now widely used throughout the US as Eureka Math. Great Minds presently employs more than 200 people.
Great Minds’ business model has moved from grant and contract solicitation to direct revenue generation over the last 3 years. This model shift has produced consistent 20+% revenue growth year over year, in large part due to the success of Eureka Math. Great Minds recent release of Wit & Wisdom, their K-8 ELA curriculum, has already gained early adoption in the marketplace. With the imminent publication of core curricula in additional subjects, the company’s business model continues to evolve to sustain its steady and rapid growth.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org
The Facilities Administration Associate reports to the Associate Director of Benefits and Administration. This highly visible role demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and willingness to handle the management and administrative details of two office locations, as well as an extensive remote staff. The ideal candidate enjoys thriving in a team-based, challenging, and fast paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking tasks are the norm. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are a must to succeed in this role.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative needs across the organization including scheduling, meeting room reservations, visitor requests for staff, office celebrations, greeting customers/vendors and data entry.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and pantry items to ensure necessary items are always available, as well as perform administrative functions including kitchen/pantry and supply room maintenance and upkeep.
- Distribute items within the work site including incoming/outgoing mail and office deliveries.
- Provide all manner of logistical support for events held by the organization.
- Performs general maintenance/support of the facility and office equipment including phones, copier/printer, and misc. office equipment.
- Act as a Liaison with building maintenance personnel.
Web-Intranet/ IT/Telecom Support
- Develop basic collateral materials and copy from time-to-time in support of website announcements, flyers, etc.
- Manage the upkeep of content and maintenance of company intranet, including documents supporting the HR/Benefits department, plus company-facing materials from other departments.
- Serve as backup person to IT consultant and in basic data and equipment needs.
- Assist with office AV/IT/Telecom needs for meeting rooms and maintain meeting rooms, as needed.
- Manage the Telecom system in assignment to staff, minor telecom repairs, instruction and data entry.
- Four-year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year of professional experience in an office environment supporting and maintaining office equipment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and basic understanding of updating intranet content.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills; ‘Take Charge’ attitude desired with customer focus.
- Intellectually curious, paying high attention to details, and ability to problem solve and look for solutions independently.
- Organized and capable of handling many different tasks in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility in adapting to the growing and changing needs of the organization.
- The person in this position frequently lifts equipment and supplies, and shipments up to 50 lbs.
- Worked with budgets and budget preparation.
- Familiar with project management.
- Technical ability and basic knowledge of computer set up procedures a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve process and procedures.
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product. Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Located in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Excellent benefits package.
Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.c... If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.