Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for grades
PK-12, is seeking an Executive Program Assistant to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have
access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Founded in 2007, Great Minds is a rapidly growing DC-based non-profit operating nationwide that develops world-class curricula for grades PK-12. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
In 2010, Great Minds published the Common Core Curriculum Maps for ELA. The success of the ELA offering was followed by being awarded 3 contracts to develop a Pre K-12 math curriculum for the New York State Education Department. Great Minds owns this curriculum, which is now widely used throughout the US as Eureka Math. Great Minds presently employs more than 200 people.
Great Minds’ business model has moved from grant and contract solicitation to direct revenue generation over the last 3 years. This model shift has produced consistent 20+% revenue growth year over year, in large part due to the success of Eureka Math. Great Minds recent release of Wit & Wisdom, their K-8 ELA curriculum, has already gained early adoption in the marketplace. With the imminent publication of core curricula in additional subjects, the company’s business model continues to evolve to sustain its steady and rapid growth.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org
The Executive Assistant will provide overall administrative support to the CEO & COO. He/She will provide services essential to the mission of the organization and the daily operations of the CEO & COO’s office, including high-level external communications, meetings management, internal office management, liaising with project and other department leads, maintaining confidential information, etc.
Specifically, the Executive Assistant will:
• Have responsibility for the smooth functioning of meetings and correspondences involving the CEO & COO.
• Manage deliverables to the CEO & COO and provide any necessary reporting.
• Create and edit presentations, documents and reports for the CEO & COO as required.
• Lead or participate on project teams related to a range of operational matters.
• Develop relationships with key operational contacts, both intern and external.
• Ensure confidentiality at all times (this position will have access to highly confidential information).
• Pitch in with office management responsibilities as a true team member.
• Take meeting minutes and follow up on all action items that arise from meetings.
• Project management of mission critical initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO & COO.
• Bachelor’s degree orequivalent experience
• Strong working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office Suite
• Previous administrative experience preferred but not required
• Must be able to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
• Must exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude, with an eagerness to learn
• Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
• Experience coordinating multiple projects
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a small, rapidly growing company.
• Full-time position
• Located in Washington, DC near the Navy Yard/Metro Position
• Excellent benefits package
Please apply on our Careers page: greatminds.org If selected for an
interview, a salary history and background check will be required.