Executive Assistant to the CEO
United States, Virginia, RichmondOperations
Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Great Minds is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized Executive Assistant for our Founder and CEO. This role is responsible for not only managing the day-to-day agenda items for our CEO but will also contribute to presentations, board meetings, and project management at a high level. This is an incredible opportunity for a highly organized individual to advance their career, working closely with C-Suite leaders and board members.
- Support the CEO by managing a complex calendar, planning and organizing events and meetings, assisting teams in staying connected, and supporting various projects.
- Serve as the point person for Great Minds leadership meetings and Board meetings facilitating agendas, presentations and on-site logistics and events.
- Proactively manage and prioritize meetings, tasks and events across the calendar to ensure everything is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Book travel with appropriate attention to international visas and documentation.
- Ensure that all meetings and correspondences involving the team run smoothly and professionally, including taking meeting minutes and following up on action items.
- Create and edit presentations, documents, spreadsheets and reports
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Project management of mission critical initiatives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advance degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience of executive support at the C-Suite level.
- Full-time position
- Location: Richmond, VA. Role will be required in-office when CEO is in the office and when leadership team meetings are happening. Roughly 50% in-office/50% at-home.
- Ability to provide assistance off-hours and weekends.
- Passion for the Great Minds mission®
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, coachable attitude, and commitment to high standards
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with an aptitude for creating a warm team culture and community by demonstrating grace under pressure
- An entrepreneurial drive, with a growth- and solutions-oriented mindset, comfortable in ambiguity and excited about innovation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including limited evenings and weekends as needed for organizational requirements
- Capacity to maintain the confidentiality of Great Minds®-related information
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.