Eureka Math Summer PD Associate
Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking Eureka Math Summer PD Associates to join our mission-driven team of professionals. Educators from all implementation contexts are encouraged to apply.
- The Eureka Math Summer PD Associate will develop and maintain expertise in specified selections from the catalog of Eureka Math PD offerings within a given grade band, (PK-K, K-5, 6-8, or 9-12).
- Must be willing to provide minimum of 10 days on-site professional development as assigned by Eureka Math PD Services; quantity and location of services to be delivered will vary.
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
- Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math / Engage NY
- Experience delivering professional development
- Education and other relevant experience
- First and last date of summer availability
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- 1 year experience delivering professional development
- Willingness to travel within the continental US
- 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- 2+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level
- Experience with virtual platforms such as WebEx or Zoom
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional development session
- Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development
Attendance at two training events is mandatory*.
- Must be able to attend one of the following Part I regional training events in Winter/Spring 2019
- New Orleans - February 21-23
- San Diego – February 21-23
- Chicago – February 28-March 2
- Atlanta – February 28 – March 2
- Must be able to attend one of the following Part II follow-up regional training events.
- San Diego – April 7-9
- Chicago/New Orleans – April 12-14
- Atlanta – April 12-14
*Dates and locations are subject to change pending final applicant pool