Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Seasonal PD Associate.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
• The Eureka Math Seasonal PD Associate will develop and maintain expertise in specified
selections from the catalog of Eureka Math PD offerings within a given grade band, (PK-K,
K-5, 6-8, or 9-12).
• Must be willing to provide minimum of 10 days on-site professional development as assigned by
Eureka Math PD Services; quantity and location of services to be delivered will vary.
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
• Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math / Engage NY.
• Experience delivering professional development.
• Education and other relevant experience.
• First and last date of summer availability.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics or a related field.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using
Eureka Math (or EngageNY).
• 1 year experience delivering professional development.
• Willingness to travel within the continental US.
Preferred Experience and Availability:
• 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math
• 2+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level.
• Experience with virtual platforms such as WebEx or Zoom.
• Summer Availability (June, July and August). August availability highly desired.
• Able to lift 40 pounds.
• Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional
• Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Attendance at two training events is mandatory, site location to be determined.
• Must be able to attend one of the following Part I regional training events in Winter/Spring 2020
• March 5-8
• March 12-15
• Must be able to attend one of the following Part II follow-up regional training events.
• April 16-19
• April 23-26
The deadline to submit an application for this position is Friday, December 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.