Eureka Math Program Assistant
Why work at Great Minds?
At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. The mission of our rapidly growing, DC-based nonprofit is to ensure that all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences. We craft exemplary instructional materials for prekindergarten through Grade 12 and share them with the education community. Our products have garnered national attention for their high quality and broad usage. We attribute this success to our outstanding team and the passion we have for the work we do.
What does it mean to work for us?
The Eureka Math team members are dedicated educators from all over the country. Working remotely, we engage with colleagues primarily through virtual platforms and email communication. Our work is generally project-based and is a mix of collaborative and independent assignments. In terms of performance, what we value most is high-quality work, commitment, initiative, and effective collaboration and communication.
About the Position
- Provides assistance to the Director of Mathematics and the entire Eureka Math team at Great Minds
- Assistance with scheduling, communications, research, writing proposals, and project management
- Provide calendar, travel, and administrative support to the Director of Mathematics
- Act as a liaison between the Eureka Math team and other departments
- Assist Program Managers and Associate Directors with communications with consultants and other contracted staff about programmatic needs, logistics, and initiatives
- Plan national team retreats and team meetings in the DC office
- Manage communications with the Eureka Math team, including an internal newsletter, meeting requests, and department updates
- Manage invoice submission and expense report processes
- Create and edit presentations, documents, and reports on behalf of the Director of Mathematics
- Support and/or contribute to the development of new curricular products, at times serving at the project manager for small projects
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams with research and writing needs for website copy or other Eureka Math collateral
- Assist with ongoing research projects, both long-term and in rapid response research to individual requests
- Write proposals to support the adoption of the Eureka Math curriculum across the nation
- Liaise with the Sales team to develop a general proposal strategy
- Work in collaboration with the Eureka Math curriculum developers to write new content for proposals as needed
- Maintain a database of proposal responses and common FAQs
- Ensure proposal responses match the Great Minds Style Guide, at times completing copy-editing and formatting tasks
- Support the Proposal Coordinator with any duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Possess excellent writing skills to be applied to both original work and copy-editing tasks
- Be a quick study and intellectually curious, paying high attention to details
- A passion for K-12 education and desire to be surrounded by other mission-driven individuals
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a rapidly growing company
- Willingness to learn and study the Eureka Math curriculum as well as company-specific procedures
- Ability to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Be a self-starter who can work independently or collaboratively with a remote team
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Personable with ability to maintain sense of humor under pressure
- Comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback
This is a full-time position located in our Washington DC office.