Eureka Math PD Fellow
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Eureka Math PD Fellow to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Educators from all implementation contexts are encouraged to apply.
- The Eureka Math PD Fellows will develop and maintain expertise in specified selections from the catalog of Eureka Math PD offerings within a given grade band, (PK-K, K-5, 6-8, or 9-12).
- Deliver on-site professional development as part of a job-share agreement between their local district and Great Minds for the 2019-2020 school year; location of services to be delivered will vary by assignment. Will provide summer on-site professional development as assigned by Eureka Math PD Services at an additional stipend rate outside of the job share agreement; estimated 10 days of PD delivery may be assigned to each Fellow for summer work
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
• Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math / Engage NY
• Experience delivering professional development
• Education and other relevant experience
• Anticipated district approval for participating in the job-share experience during the school year
• First and last date of summer availability
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- Willingness to travel within the continental US
- 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- 1+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level
- Experience with virtual platforms such as WebEx or Zoom
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional development session
- Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development
Attendance at two training events is mandatory*.
- Must be able to attend one of the following Part I regional training events in Winter/Spring 2019
- New Orleans - February 21-23
- San Diego – February 21-23
- Chicago – February 28-March 2
- Atlanta – February 28 – March 2
- Must be able to attend one of the following Part II follow-up regional training events.
- San Diego – April 7-9
- Chicago/New Orleans – April 12-14
- Atlanta – April 12-14
*Dates and locations are subject to change pending final applicant pool
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.