Enterprise Applications Technical Program Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Enterprise Applications Technical Program Manager.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Enterprise Applications (EA) Technical Program Manager will manage and lead enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives which may be large-scale, high impact projects with moderate risk and complexity. It will design, develop, implement, and support the enterprise applications and ancillary systems within the organization. The EA Technical Program Manager will implement major business systems that require a broad understanding of business problems and the definition and evaluation of alternative solutions. Solutions must consider feasibility and organizational impacts.
- Maintains relationships with key business partners and other senior leaders to leverage best practices, evaluate emerging strategies, and distribute knowledge internally to develop, inform plans and strategies.
- Shape program delivery scope with key stakeholders to establish priorities and advise management of alternatives. Serve as a liaison to business partners in defining new project requests.
- Proactively monitors, measures and reports on program and project status to executive leadership.
- Leads team to resolve all program/project issues and impediments in a timely manner, effectively communicates, manage expectations, and resolves conflicts while working closely with the team and leadership.
- Designs, develops, communicates, and manages a detailed program execution plan that include on-time delivery, release management, testing, progress milestones, and monitoring success metrics.
- Performs assessment of existing ERP and CRM solutions, recognizing opportunity for optimization. Provides associated recommendations, roadmap, and estimated effort.
- Manages vendor relationships related to assigned projects, monitors their performance, and oversees their resources as needed. Supports contractor interviews as needed.
- At least 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience in enterprise applications and project management
- Five years of experience in managing continuous improvement in ERP, CRM, and ancillary systems required
- Enterprise Application (CRM/ERP) deployment experience as a Program Manager or business subject matter expert
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills including the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms is required
- Hands-on experience configuring & optimizing enterprise level applications
- Experience leading programs with multiple workstreams comprised of team members from various cross functional teams.
- Leadership experience including leading matrixed teams to implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to consistently drive implementations and enhancements.
- Able to drive steering committees and negotiate timelines, tradeoffs, and resolve conflicts. Ability to negotiate with executives or other business leaders.
- Must have a passion for process re-engineering, driving predictability while enabling innovation
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to influence stakeholders and team members with variety of personal styles to focus on right priorities under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity - in business requirements, technology options and project direction
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile/Scrum CSM is a plus
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.