Director of Organizational Design and Effectiveness
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Director of Organizational Design and Effectiveness.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- Advance existing staff development, including but not limited to training in compliance, employee engagement, staff development, and retention analysis to improve the quality and consistency of delivery across the organization.
- Lead a team that executes organizational and leadership development projects such as and not limited to job specific and technical training, leadership training programs, development plans.
- Design and implement an executive development program to continue development of the competencies needed to grow and sustain high-performing diverse teams.
- Collaborate with leaders across departments to identify needs, design and develop solutions utilizing proven organizational development methods and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Bring forward strategic ideas for how OD can accomplish business goals and strengthen the development and performance of talent.
- Establish competency-based development processes to enhance productivity, profits and successful business outcomes.
- Oversees the design and implementation of a cohesive, DEI driven vision for learning and development and a comprehensive Leadership Development program with a purposeful, annual (and in some cases multi-year) scope and sequence that begins with employee onboarding.
- Developing and monitoring KPIs in support of organizational scorecard.
- Supports all staff development across all aspects of people management and processes.
- Drives the design, development, and delivery of training solutions that strengthen employees' knowledge, skills, and impact.
- Collects and incorporates real-time feedback and lessons to continuously improve the quality of our training and development programs.
- Establish the promotions and career pathways processes to ensure maximum effectiveness and equity.
- Leads the Succession Planning practice to secure a sustainable approach to organizational development.
- Coordinates with CHRO on internal communication strategy and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in talent optimization, preferably in a rapidly growing organization
- Deep understanding of human behavior, organizational effectiveness, organizational culture, and efficacy strategies for individuals, teams, and leaders.
- Effectively translates conceptual thinking to practical business application.
- Experience and comfort in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Able to communicate technical and complex topics in ways that facilitate understanding.
- Deep understanding of change management at all levels of an organization.
- Project management experience
This role can be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.