Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Director of Marketing Operations.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Director of Marketing Operations role is an important part of making things flow within the Marketing Department of Great Minds and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. The position is responsible for ensuring that all projects go through a highly effective and optimized development process and the appropriate people are involved at the right time. The position manages the execution of concurrent and complex projects from initiation through delivery, specifically managing scope, resources, schedule, risks, and project plans within the Marketing Department. This role will be part of a larger cross-functional team working to support sales and top priorities of the company. Managing the project portfolio within the Marketing Department is a key responsibility as well.
· Set up and manage marketing workflow processes and systems from beginning to end
· Supervise a team of project managers and producers across a wide variety of marketing projects
· Serve as Marketing “chief of staff” to organize marketing team communications, meetings and resources
· Through capacity planning, identify and ensure the proper people and workstreams are in place for project initiatives.
· Manage the project portfolio within the Marketing Department, monitoring the new requests, on-deck, and in-flight projects.
· Promote continuous process improvement and methodology refinement and implementation
· Champion best practice and good process to other members of the team
· Manage and enforce the Project Intake process, including investigation and prioritization of new requests.
· Gather new business and technical requirements from the business.
· Be the day-to-day point of contact for all dimensions of the project workflow
· Lead project team members to ensure on-time project deliverables.
· Prepare project plans including charters, scope statements, requirements, status reports, communication plans, risk management plans, and risk/issue registers.
· Work in fast-paced environment and able to switch gears easily between projects
· Understand the steps in the creative and campaign implementation process across print, video, digital, CRM, PR and events
· Strong cross-functional team leadership experience
· Demonstrated ability to set up processes and tools to help guide workflow of marketing
· Project Portfolio Management tool experience a plus
· Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of project management, both Waterfall and Agile
· 10+ years of project management experience, preferably in Marketing or related field.
· Experience leading and managing people/other project managers.
This position will be in our Richmond, Virginia office.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.