Digital Search Specialist
RemoteUnited States, Virginia, RichmondMarketing
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12
instructional materials space, is seeking an experienced Digital Search Specialist to join our dynamic Marketing team. At Great Minds, we believe every
child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have
access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Search Engine Optimization / Inbound Marketing Specialist will drive the creation and implementation of search engine optimization and inbound digital marketing to help our team achieve its goals. This research, data-driven position focuses on bringing together search engine optimization, inbound marketing, content, social, and web to create results. The position will be responsible for the design and execution of organic and paid digital (inbound) marketing strategies.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Search Specialist will work very closely with members of the product marketing, regional marketing, and communications teams. This position will also work closely with vendors who support Great Minds in our digital efforts as well.
- Analyze websites and document changes required to improve SEO ranking through Google, including creating and implementing title tags, meta descriptions, and other metadata.
- Conduct keyword research and selection for SEO/ SEM projects based on team needs.
- Understand content development and work with the team to optimize web content for search.
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, Great Minds’ SEO results and manage projects to ensure continued high rankings.
- Develop optimization strategies that increase our paid and organic search engine results rankings
- Set measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in marketing efforts
- Efficiently communicate with other marketing professionals to align on goals and report back on performance of efforts
- Provide best practices and recommendation on writing effective copy for search ads
- Keep abreast of SEO trends
- Have a deep understanding of search engine optimization, organic search, and paid.
• Skilled in the use of tools like SEMRush, HotJar, Google Analytics, and similar programs
• HubSpot Marketing HUB and HubSpot CMS experience.
• Experience with social analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn analytics, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Twitter Insights, Twitter Ads, etc.)
• Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel)
• Excellent communication skills
• Analytical thinking with strong math skills and reporting methodologies
• Able to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
• Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data
• 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing, SEO, inbound marketing
- Preferred: Four-year degree in marketing, digital marketing, business, data analytics, or similar
- This team will have up to four offsites per year where you will be travelling to an office.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
This role can be performed anywhere in the US, with the exception of Colorado.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.