Digital Content Production Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Digital Content Production Manager to oversee the creation of videos and other digital products to support and enhance Great Minds curricula. This role requires proven expertise in the management of large, complex, multi-year projects and extensive and varied experience in K-12 educational digital product development and production. Knowledge of and experience with instructional design and curriculum development is a plus.
At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences. Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs over 600 people. For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
The Digital Content Production Manager at Great Minds will oversee all digital production projects designed by curricular teams and will require close coordination with the Project Managers on each of the curriculum development teams. The Digital Content Production Manager will have extensive experience in both the tasks and workflow of digital production across a variety of projects such as animations, live action videos, simulations, interactive web-based content, and instructional/professional development videos.
Working remotely under the supervision of the Chief Business Operations Officer, the Digital Content Production Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Working with curricular teams to develop and manage large-scale digital projects to meet instructional design and project lead specifications.
- Providing input and guidance to curricular teams on best practices in workflow design to accomplish project goals.
- Coordinating with curricular team Project Managers to ensure that projects are completed within scope, budget, and on time.
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope documentation for each project.
- Coordinating with all project teams to determine resources needed to accomplish project goals within negotiated project timeline.
- Collaborating with the Production Services Manager to coordinate internal resources as well as US-based and off-shore vendors to accomplish project goals.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans in Smartsheet with dependencies.
- Documenting project risk and ongoing coordination of efforts to mitigate risk throughout project duration.
- Conducting ongoing project status meetings and acting as liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing project change requests (e.g., scope, timeline) including documentation of requirements changes and negotiation of revised timelines given resource availability.
- Planning for and reporting project metrics to document and evaluate the success of assigned projects.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Digital Content Production Manager at Great Minds can:
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Manage activities for multiple large-scale projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Apply extensive digital development and production experience to guide project teams toward most effective and efficient achievement of project goals.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Build cross-functional team rapport and lead large teams to create engaging digital products that complement the curriculum.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Remain flexible during periods of rapid change.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- An ability to handle high volumes of video production and management in coordination with Great Minds leadership, curriculum development teams, and production service.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, instructional technology, or related field.
- At least 10 years of lead project management experience leading multiple large-scale projects concurrently.
- 15+ years of video production experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to keenly identify and adeptly work within different company and team cultures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Knowledge of and experience with instructional design and curriculum development is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.