Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Digital Content Editor, Humanities.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Digital Content Editor, Humanities, reports to and works closely with a Senior Curriculum Developer, Humanities. The position will play a critical role in the continued development of Wit & Wisdom Affirm, the digital assessment program for Wit & Wisdom. The Digital Content Editor will edit and prepare existing print W&W assessments for migration into digital formats and will also have an exciting opportunity to contribute to the continued development, launch, and implementation of Great Mind’s digital assessment strategy.
Reports To: Senior Curriculum Developer, Humanities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Prepare, edit and author assessment content for digital formats by aligning content, format, and structures with the Affirm platform,
● Create and provide assessment scoring guidance for teachers and students
● Collaborate within and across teams in Humanities to develop, launch, and implement the broader Humanities digital assessment, curriculum, and instruction strategy
● Cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality.
● Serve as a liaison between the Affirm content team and the ingestion and tech teams, communicating with all digital development stakeholders
● Represent the Wit & Wisdom Affirm team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
● Design Wit & Wisdom Affirm with the needs and experiences of students and teachers at the forefront of the development process
● Develop and edit support resources that clearly enhance the teacher and student experience with Wit & Wisdom Affirm
● Identify and address user needs directly or through consultation with the Wit & Wisdom team as well as other Affirm teams at Great Minds
● Support Humanities Team project managers on digital development logistics (e.g. communications, resources, meetings, schedules, and work plans) with a pro-active, problem-solving approach
● Contribute to the development and coordination of Wit & Wisdom Affirm digital processes by maintaining templates, style guidelines, checklists, and protocols
● Serve as liaison with the project and product managers and assist with coordination of the digital workflow.
● Problem solve to create high-quality products by established deadlines
● Experience with digital curriculum and assessment development
● Deep content knowledge in English, Literature, or associated content area
● Substantial knowledge and understanding of the Common Core State Standards
● Familiarity with a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, including thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
● Proficiency with or alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
● Minimum of 3 years teaching experience
● Strong editing skills with the capacity to handle incredibly precise and detailed oriented work, using a complicated set of writer and editor guidelines
● Strong organizational skills necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, and deadline execution
● Superior writing ability
● Facility working with tools required within digital spaces (e.g. Sharepoint, Excel)
● Avid commitment to and concern for the details required for accomplishing a task, no matter how small
● Demonstrated empathy for the user experience of teachers and students in digital assessment environments
● Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curricula
● Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
● Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
● Self-starter and quick-learner who is comfortable and productive when working remotely
● Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
● Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
● Positivity in all situations, bringing pro-active problem-solving orientation to every task
● Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice and iterative cycle of content development
● Commitment to collective authorship
● Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.