DevOps Engineering Manager
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced DevOps Engineering Manager to join our Information Technology team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The DevOps Engineering Manager oversees our digital platform DevOps engineering team. This team ensures our product engineering teams have the right tools and platform capabilities to develop, test, and deliver our digital software products to production. Our software was born in the cloud. You are fluent in AWS, cloud native architectures and tools. You get joy from automating previously manual processes. You think about cycle time, deployment frequency, promotion of code from environment to environment. You also enjoy coaching and mentoring others to build the next generation of DevOps leaders and practitioners.
- Provide technical guidance to DevOps team members through design sessions, code reviews, and pair programming
- Coach software engineers and testers on AWS components that can be used as part of their application and how best to automate their provisioning
- Identify recurring tasks that require manual steps, that could otherwise be automated; design solutions that automate these processes
- Implement CI/CD and infrastructure automation using a combination of Github Actions, Terraform, and Node
- Implement scripts to be executed from Rundeck to automate recurring tasks related to access management or infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud native application architectures, including one or more of the following: serverless, containerization, infrastructure-as-code.
- Ability to develop infrastructure-as-code with elements of the following tech stack: NodeJS / Typescript, Terraform or Cloud Formation, Github, NestJS, NextJS.
- Understanding of CI / CD principles and solutions.
- Skilled in the craft of software engineering, including knowledge of modern software engineering practices (git source control, CI/CD, package management, code quality metrics, code review practices).
- AWS Solution Architect or DevOps Associate level (or higher) certification preferred, or equivalent body of knowledge.
- Able to manage teams of 3-10 DevOps engineers, including Great Minds and consulting team members
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Washington, DC preferred or remote (Eastern and Central US time zones)
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.