Richmond, Virginia, United StatesTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Desktop Support.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Desktop Support role is for an experienced IT support individual who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. We are building Great Minds IT team and environment from the ground up and looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
An ideal candidate will be skilled in supporting a Windows and Mac environment and have a broad range of experience. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement to IT operations.
This position is based in our Richmond office but will also provide IT support for our remote users around the US.
- Support the IT service desk by providing end-user support via phone calls, e-mails, self-service requests and walk-in requests.
- Document, track and monitor PC/Mac and other technical issues to ensure timely resolution. Escalating to senior team members as needed.
- Setup/modify/delete user profiles and network or software accounts for employees.
- Install, configure and maintain printers, monitors, and miscellaneous peripherals.
- Assist in maintaining the technology intranet site.
- Work with Senior IT team members supporting ongoing corporate IT projects.
- Coordinate IT support activities with local third-party vendors.
- Onsite PoC for all IT related issues in the Richmond office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Macs, Microsoft O365, Adobe Acrobat, Remote Desktop Services, Apple Mobile Devices, and Active Directory.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting an IT service desk.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other service management solutions.
- Experience with SSO applications such as ADFS, Okta or OneLogin.
- Experience with Slack or MS Teams.
- Experience providing customer support via phone, chat, tickets, or in-person interactions.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune (AutoPilot, Deploys, Imaging).
- Experience with Zoom conference.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.