RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, WashingtonTechnology
The Data Architect will be the primary strategist and creator of the architecture for the enterprise data platform. The role will be responsible for analyzing and selecting appropriate tools, and designing and building data models, data structures, and data pipelines. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that the data architecture and models are compliant with Great Mind’s security practices. The data architect will work with the larger data team to help direct the build of the data platform and may partner with other departments to understand the company’s data and existing systems and processes.
- Design data models and structures for analytics purposes; work with consulting partner and other team members to build them.
- Design data ingestion and transformation pipelines; work with consulting partner to build them.
- Design security model of data access, considering data privacy and compliance concerns.
- Lead tool selection with the focus on the following areas: Ingestion, Data Lake, Data Governance, Data Catalog.
- Ingest priority data into the data warehouse/data lake and prep the data for analysis.
- Expertise with data collection, ingestion, and ELT processes
- Expertise with designing and managing modern data platforms (including data lakes / warehouses and ELT pipelines
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS, particularly with respect to modern data platforms
- 3+ years’ experience and the ability to communicate clearly using diagram / wireframe tools such as Miro or Microsoft Visio to convey complex architecture
- 2+ years’ experience leading projects to evaluate and recommend different tools and process options
- Strong data analysis skills to understand how the raw data is set up and what the desired outcomes are
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and understanding how to best model data for such tools
- Familiarity with JIRA or a similar tool for project work tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Washington, DC hybrid preferred, or Remote in the United States Eastern or Central Time Zones
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.