DAM Coordinator, Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced
Digital Asset Management Coordinator, Production Services.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Digital Asset Team Lead, the DAM Coordinator, Production Services, will coordinate the flow of digital assets through our DAM, Bynder. The DAM coordinator will be responsible for entering clean and consistent metadata in our digital asset bank. The DAM Coordinator will process new assets and download requests, and work closely with our art production, permissions, content writing, and project management teams to ensure all assets are correctly identified and available for work in progress. This role will also become a subject matter expert on the DAM, able to provide technical support and training for DAM users.
- Enter accurate metadata for hundreds of new assets per day, adhering to an established protocol and taxonomy.
- Maintain consistency and relevance of metadata throughout the asset bank.
- Review and approve download requests, ensuring the proposed usage is consistent with usage instructions for each asset.
- Verify correct final image placement between original manuscript, the DAM, and the print product in various stages of completion, while maintaining awareness of revisions and substitutions as they arise in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Provide technical support to internal users as well as outside suppliers interacting with the DAM system.
- Assist with system administration, workflow testing, and new user training.
- Assist with system reporting and throughput metrics.
- Work integrally with a remote team to meet tight project deadlines.
- Demonstrated success working with a digital asset management system in a production environment.
- Demonstrated success in technical troubleshooting; a logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management and close attention to detail, able to tag assets precisely and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work integrally with a remote team and persevere toward the success of each project.
- A detail oriented person with a commitment to data hygiene and accurate final placement of image assets in print products.
- Experience in book or journal publishing production.
- Experience with the Bynder DAM or other DAM solution.
- Experience working with US-based and offshore suppliers.
- Experience developing or managing production workflows.
- Experience using an enterprise content management system in a production environment.
- Extensive proficiency with Microsoft Office or project management platforms such as SmartSheet.
- Proficiency with art production tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Paint.
- Understanding of print and online production requirements for image processing and delivery.
- Experience using DAM metrics to report on utilization or throughput.
- An interest in data science and business analytics.
- A flexible, versatile nature with the willingness to prioritize efforts to align with organizational goals.
- An academic and growth mindset.
- An intellectual curiosity, and a keen attention to detail.
- A propensity to thrive in both in-person and remote work settings.
- This position is a remote position based in a home office or at the Great Minds office in Washington DC.
- Excellent benefits package
- Please apply
- If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.