Curriculum Writer - Science
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Curriculum Writer - Science to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The Curriculum Writer will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds. Reporting directly to the Lead Writer of PhD Science, the Curriculum Writer will be responsible for collaborating with the programs team to craft new curricular materials and related offerings. This is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual to apply his or her skills to support the business growth and mission of Great Minds.
The Curriculum Writer will work on key tasks, not limited to:
- Collaborate with the program team to craft new curricular materials and related offerings.
- Craft lessons that include following: rationale, teacher notes, guiding questions, concept instruction, exploration activities, and performance assessments.
- Help create scaffolds/accommodations to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners, students with special needs, students performing below grade level, and students performing above grade level. Revise lessons as indicated during the review process.
- Work with Great Minds’ staff to ensure accurate content and presentation in a developmentally appropriate sequence.
- Participate in regular communication with the program team to ensure that lesson development meets the high standards set for the program and are consistent with lessons being developed across the grade spans.
- Contribute to the creation of professional development curriculum and present at programs, workshops, and institutes offered by Great Minds, LLC.
- Provide his/her services to ensure the goals of the program are met with the highest standards of quality and in a timely manner.
- Deep content knowledge in Science with a Bachelors or Masters in an associated content area.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience, with Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate experience preferred for secondary grade writers.
- Superior writing skills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample required).
- Knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards desired.
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new applications.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.