Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Continuous Learning Resources Specialist to join our growing, dynamic team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The primary function of the Continuous Learning Resources Specialist is to produce asynchronous lesson videos to support users of Eureka Math. Continuous Learning Resources Specialist are organized into grade-specific teams and work both collaboratively and independently to:
Additionally, the Continuous Learning Resources Specialist may contribute to the development of lesson plans and/or other resources to support use of asynchronous lesson videos.
The Eureka Math team values candidates with a broad range of professional skills and interests. As our suite of Eureka Math products and services evolves, team members will have frequent opportunities to develop new skills and contribute to projects beyond the scope of their initial responsibilities. Upon completion of the current video project, candidates will be reassigned to new video projects or other Eureka Math projects (lesson writing, PD facilitation, PD development, assessments, etc.) depending on skills and interests.
• Deep mathematical content knowledge writing a particular grade or grade-band
• Strong instructional pedagogical decision making skills in the context of asynchronous instruction
• Ability to create an engaging learning environment within the context of asynchronous lesson videos
• Precision of language
• Demonstrated expertise in video creation, or other evidence the ability to quickly develop skills with various technology platforms
• Experience with Camtasia or other video creation / editing tools
• Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
• Professionalism in written and verbal communication
• Flexible thinking
• Proactive problem solving
• Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
• Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• Experience delivering professional development
• Experience creating videos
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics, or a related field
• Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• Experience developing original resources for professional development
• Experience with virtual platforms such as WebEx or Zoom
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to speak clearly
• Remote job
• Full time
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check
• Please submit a cover letter with your application to be considered for this role.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.