Content Lead - Implementation Success Learning and Development
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12
instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Content Lead - Implementation Success Learning and Development to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Content Lead, Implementation Success Learning and Development is responsible for designing and developing content to support specific school district partners participating in the Content Leader Program. The Content Leader Program supports educators who have been identified as teacher-leaders in deepening their understanding of Wit & Wisdom and in developing their capacity to support implementation efforts within their district. The Content Lead also develops content to ensure the continued growth of internal Professional Development and Implementation Services team members who work directly with school partners. This role is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced educator, instructional coach, curriculum developer, and school leader who possess K-12 content knowledge and pedagogical expertise, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, and the belief that every child is capable of greatness. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit coherent, high-quality, knowledge-rich professional learning content for the Content Leader Program
- Collaborate with frontline members of the Content Leader Program team who support district partners to ensure the content supports efficacious implementation for program partners
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of content for the Content Leader Program and make adjustments as needed
- Work across teams to design high-quality internal professional learning sessions for team members who work directly with school partners in professional development and implementation services
- Maintain ongoing communication with Wit & Wisdom
curriculum developers, project managers, and other Humanities team leaders to facilitate product development, identify and address issues, and provide support and guidance
- Develop and maintain processes, tools, and strategies for the development and execution of content projects
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work-flow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Facilitate clear, coherent training sessions to model exceptional facilitation skills
- Support Wit & Wisdom Content Leader Program facilitators with delivery of Great Minds professional learning experiences
- Conduct research in support of professional learning content development
- Represent the Implementation Success content development team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
- Proficiency with and alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
- Proven track record of leading teams in the implementation of Wit & Wisdom
- Demonstrated experience creating knowledge rich professional learning experiences for adults at the district, network, or national level
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the ELA Common Core State Standards
- Capacity to receive and then apply external and internal content feedback from facilitators, participants, partners, and colleagues in a manner that honors input and leads to consensus and alignment to project vision
- Possessing an orientation that is collaborative and inclusive, creating the conditions, structure, and the framework leading to optimal levels of trust, efficiency, and success
- Impeccable social, oral communication, and writing skills needed to incorporate different points of view and present them as a unified plan
- Ability to embrace a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Commitment to exemplify Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Clear and succinct writing skills, with the ability to produce content aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Facility working with tools required within digital spaces (e.g. Google Suite and Canvas)
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory, principles, practices, and methods
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision-making, and professional development facilitation
- Knowledge of and experience with effective practices in change management
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
- Future travel (5-10%) may be required.
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.