Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Content Developer to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Content Developer is responsible for researching, writing, reviewing, and revising content that supports the implementation efforts of current and potential users of Wit & Wisdom and Geodes. The Content Developer reports to the National Director of Implementation Success Content, works closely with team leaders, and includes work across a wide variety of projects - professional development sessions, leader and teacher coaching sessions, external communications, etc. This role is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced educator, instructional coach, curriculum developer, or school leader who possesses K-12 content knowledge and pedagogical expertise, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, and the belief that every child is capable of greatness. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Conceptualize, write, review, and edit coherent, high-quality, knowledge-rich professional learning content under the direction of a team leader
- Collaborate with team leaders and other leadership team members to clarify a project’s vision, purpose, audience, etc.
- Collaborate with frontline members of the Content Leader Program team who support district partners to ensure the content supports efficacious implementation for program partners
- Work across teams to design high-quality internal professional learning sessions for team members who work directly with school partners in professional development and implementation services
- Apply feedback to work, valuing both collaboration and an iterative process of content development
- Adhere to established content development milestones and style guidelines
- Maintain ongoing communication with team members to facilitate product development, identify and address issues, and provide support and guidance
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work-flow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Conduct research in support of professional learning content development
- Proficiency with and alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the ELA Common Core State Standards
- Demonstrated experience creating knowledge rich professional learning experiences for adults at the district, network, or national level
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision-making, and professional development facilitation
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory, principles, practices, and methods
- Capacity to receive and then apply external and internal content feedback from facilitators and colleagues in a manner that honors input and leads to consensus and alignment to project vision
- Impeccable social, oral communication, and writing skills needed to incorporate different points of view and present them as a unified plan
- Ability to embrace a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Clear and succinct writing skills, with the ability to produce content aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Facility working with tools required within digital spaces (e.g. Google Suite)
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
- Future travel (5-10%) may be required.
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.