Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Communications Content Lead, Implementation Success (IS) Content, works closely with multiple Great Minds teams to communicate the mission, efficacy, and impact of Great Minds Humanities curricula.
Through exceptional professionalism and communication, the Communications Content Lead will support the National Director, IS Content, in conceptualizing, writing, and editing content for sales and marketing purposes, such as webinars, conference session presentations, blogs, marketing materials, sales presentations, and request for proposals (RFP). The Communications Content Lead will also manage cross-team communications, collaborate on project guidelines, systems, and resources, and coordinate relevant meetings and schedules.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled writer to implement and contribute to Great Minds’ organizational mission to create curriculum and resources that ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
This role is a remote position. Future travel may be required to participate in team meetings or to facilitate and/or attend conferences, sales meetings, and marketing events in the field.
Reports To: National Director, Implementation Success Content, Humanities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop marketing, sales, and communications resources that are of the highest quality. This may include, but is not limited to, conference proposals, conference content, webinars, blog posts, sales presentations, and request for proposals, etc.
- Embrace and exemplify a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Execute the vision of Great Minds' content development strategic plan by conceptualizing, writing, and editing a range of products, focusing on content for conferences and sales and marketing support
- Collaborate within and across teams to develop, launch, and implement curriculum and curriculum-support resources
- Maintain ongoing communication with National Director, Managing Editor, IS Content Leads and other Humanities team leaders as well as the marketing and sales teams to facilitate product development, identify and address issues, and provide support and guidance
- Exemplify Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality
- Develop and maintain processes, tools, and strategies for the development and execution of content projects
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven workflow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Conduct research, as needed, in support of content creation
- Problem solve to create high-quality products by established deadlines
- Represent the IS content development team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
- Experience creating and submitting conference session proposals and content
- Experience creating content to support sales and marketing campaigns
- Experience with the product life cycle of ideation, drafting, and iterating
- Experience implementing a high-quality, knowledge building ELA curriculum like Wit & Wisdom
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Experience leading professional development utilizing a knowledge-rich curriculum at the district, network, or national level
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision-making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Clear and succinct writing skills, with the ability to produce content aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Demonstrate an editorial sensibility, including ability to
- write and edit using precise, academic language
- identify needed revisions to content
- apply and supply constructive feedback locally and globally in a timely manner
- use writer’s guidelines and style guides to maintain and model consistent and appropriate style
- proofread for content accuracy, expression, and consistency in voice
- Facility working with tools required within digital spaces (e.g. Google Suite)
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts, Literature, or associated content area
- Familiarity with a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, including thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Proficiency with or alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Self-starter and quick learner who is comfortable and productive when working remotely
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.