Cash Applications Specialist
United States, Virginia, RichmondAccounting & Finance
Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Cash Application Specialist to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
Responsible for applying payments accurately to customer accounts and researching and resolving any payment discrepancies. Also, conducts research for unidentified customer accounts and/or over-payments. This position will have regular interaction with the billing/collection department to aid in proper customer accounting and the accounting team to aid in bank reconciliations. The candidate works independently to record all cash transactions for the company.
- Post daily payments from various sources including Lockbox, PayPal, and automate clearing house (ACH) credit transfers to the individual customer accounts.
- Maintain open communication with the AR Department to ensure adjustments are handled in a timely basis.
- Contacts customers when necessary to determine proper payment application.
- Researches customer duplicates and erroneous payments.
- Contact the banks when necessary for information on a payment.
- Assists the accounting team with questions regarding bank reconciliations.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounts receivable and cash management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and manage time amid multiple deadlines
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient and accurate in keying numbers and letters
- Full-time, Exempt Based in Richmond, VA.
- Salary based on experience
- If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.