Business Development Representative (Multiple Roles)
RemoteUnited States, Michigan, Farmington HillsSales
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Business Development Representative.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
To enable Great Minds growth in 2023 and broaden our impact to students, we are creating the Business Development Representative role. This role will drive new business for Great Minds curricula in K12 schools. Specifically, this role will support growth for PhD Science and Geodes. PhD Science is a hands-on K-5 Science program and Geodes are knowledge-building book sets for emerging readers. You will be at the front lines of the sales process growing the top of our sales funnel while collaborating with the Inside Sales Team on strategy. The Business Development Representative will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds. Business Development Representatives are an integral part of the Sales Team at Great Minds and are responsible for supporting and driving new business opportunities of Great Minds curricula to K-12 schools and districts.
- Research, identify and generate new leads by prospecting into accounts through cold calls, emails, and social strategies. (Target audience: Curriculum Directors, , Curriculum Coordinator, Coaches, Principals and Superintendents).
- Qualify and build a steady sales pipeline.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the K-12 market
- Set appointments for the new business sales team, drive webinar attendance, and send samples/trials
- Maintain customer info and records
- Consistently exceed sales and prospecting targets
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required
- 1+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of prospecting for new business
- Self-motivated to drive new business in assigned territory
- CRM experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Academic and growth mindset
- Commitment to high standards
- Excellent teamwork and team-building capacity
- Full-time, Exempt
- Remote - must be based in the United States with quarterly travel for team off-sites.
New employees will be required to successfully pass a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.