United States, District of Columbia, WashingtonHuman Resources
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Benefits Manager.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Job descriptionThe Benefits Manager will report into the Director of Total Rewards and plan and lead benefits strategy for our fast-growing organization. This role will provide guidance and recommendations to Great Minds leadership to enhance employee well-being, manage third party administration of benefits and manage company policies and process for our self-managed benefits.
- Partner with Director to develop a long-term multi-year benefits strategy that manages plan costs, business performance, talent hiring trends, compliance, and industry trend and directs implementation of strategy/vendor changes.
- Works with outside consultants and vendors, including actuarial evaluation process for self-insured health plans (including strategy development, cost forecasting and rate setting).
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure accuracy of all benefits enrollments and oversee that the information is provided vendors for accurate eligibility information.
- Oversee day-to-day administration of group insurance plans, 401(k), EAP, death claim handling, leave accrual policies, tuition reimbursement, open enrollment, wellness initiatives, and special projects.
- Manages the creation and updating of communication materials of benefit plans. Ensures all websites and informational data points are updated.
- Works with leadership to analyze current benefit plan design relative to competitive practice and corporate goals. Ability to generate ad hoc reporting to provide analysis of programs. Recommends new benefits and modifications to existing plans
- Administer processing of benefits data in various systems ensuring compliance and data integrity.
- Acts as liaison to employees for the Total Rewards teams for benefits questions, troubleshooting and special requests.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7+ years of benefits administration.
- Strong competency with various HR systems with a keen eye for data that will enable decision-making.
- Strong communicator with an ability to effectively communicate one-on-one with an employee regarding benefits as well as the ability to effectively communicate to company leadership.
- Full-time position based in Richmond or Washington DC with a hybrid schedule.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.