Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Benefits Analyst.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Our Employee Benefits team is expanding due to growth! Great Minds is excited to be hiring a highly motivated, passionate Benefits Program Analyst to provide day-to-day support of benefit plans, as member of the HR team. Analytics include verifying enrollments against monthly benefit provider invoices, reporting on participant enrollment data. This data which will assist with selection of benefits package and validating organizational benefit’s program successes. This person will play a strong role in supporting the Employee Benefits team with data reporting and providing analysis of programs.
- Maintain Benefits portion of the HR Dashboard that reflects data and trends across benefit plans, working with Senior HRIS Manager to validate data and provide new data to team’s reporting.
- Research and Report on the market and impact to assist benefits team on staying current on Benefit trends.
- Assist in open enrollment activities for new hires and annual enrollments. These activities include checking data and pulling reports related to employee’s enroll in a self-service portal and connected file feeds from ADP Workforce Now (WFN) to benefit plan providers.
- Includes weekly checking of updated enrollments, termination, and change of data across connected systems data files.
- Coordinate daily processing – verifying enrollments, oversee benefits database, and update employee payroll records in support the Senior Benefits Associate and Associate Director, Employee Benefits.
- Identify and resolve data issues between systems to correct data; Assist in QC efforts for accurate data reporting.
- Process employee enrollment changes with benefit plan provider (carrier) systems, through both electronic enrollment files and carrier web portals.
- Pull reports and help submit monopolistic state wages and hours to those state DOL offices; Audit automated payroll worker’s compensation insurance.
- Verify and review all benefits enrollment information for Payroll manager for bi-monthly payroll, in support of the Senior Benefits Associate.
- Verify Invoices for submission to AP including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life/ADD insurance carriers.
- Utilize analytical, problem solving and research skills to ensure overall success; Familiarity with HR/Benefit Plans Dashboard to track costs, enrollments, and data related to employee benefits programs.
- Prepare Client reports, including Retirement Funding reports. Assist with data analysis in support of audits or needed reports.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or relevant HR certifications.
- Three (3) years’ experience in benefits analytics experience is preferred.
- Experience with HRIS, payroll, and benefits administration system specifically with WFN is a plus. As-well -as familiarity with file carrier connections and Payroll/Benefits file processing.
- Strong analytic skills and a knowledge of plan designs
- Good communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of organization.
- Comfortable with MS Office suite with intermediate Excel skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and project/team management experience.
- Ideal candidate lives in Richmond, VA area.