Associate Project Manager - Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Associate Project Manager - Production Services with experience in PK-12 Educational Publishing.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Operations team at Great Minds (GM) is responsible for the all aspects of order fulfillment and national distribution of our products as well as the management of all products in need of production services in preparation for digital or print distribution. As an Operations project manager, you will be working with various internal and external stakeholders to manage all new and existing content across all three curricular teams that will support teachers and students learn from home or in the classroom. This large-scale project involves the development and production of print and digital content for Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, including Spanish translation.
Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Program Management in Operations, the Associate Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Applying established procedures and basic project management methodologies as defined by PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope documentation for each project in Smartsheet.
- Managing the Operations Project Management Team Project Intake process, including the utilization of Smartsheet sheets, forms, reports, and dashboards.
- Documenting project scope information OR project scope change information for each project request in a standard Project Overview Form.
- Communicating project scope and/or any project scope changes with all teams associated with each project request.
- Coordinating between the Project requesting team and the Production Services team to document vendor assignments and all project scope information prior to project start.
- Collaborating with Production Services Managers to ensure that all required project timeline and scope information is gathered and passed to the assigned Project Manager prior to project start.
- Maintenance of the Operations Project Management Team Intake Process documentation and Intake sheet in Smartsheet.
- Ongoing project and workflow set up and maintenance in 10,000 ft. and Smartsheet.
- Contributing to GM documentation and training related to project management and Operations Project Management team processes and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Associate Project Manager at Great Minds can:
- Remain flexible during periods of frequent and/or rapid change.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Manage project intake activities for multiple small projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Adhere to and reinforce all established Operations Project Management team processes and procedures.
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Production Services events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals.
- Incorporate latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- At least 1 year of lead project management experience, leading more than one project simultaneously.
- Strong Smartsheet skills including the use of forms, development of reports and dashboards, and maintenance of multiple sheets across many projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Strong adherence to established process and procedure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a particular curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
- Full-time, Exempt
- This position is Remote
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices