Associate Director, Services Resource Management
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesSuccess
Great Minds, a rapidly growing Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high-quality knowledge building instructional materials for grades PK–12, seeks an Associate Director, Services Resource Management to join our dynamic Success team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Great Minds is looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical leader to join our team as Associate Director of Services Resource Management working in our Customer Success Operations and Analytics team. In this role, the individual will manage a small team to define how the Success team’s resource and staffing model can evolve to maximize scale and sustainability and align to our future services portfolio. Also, this role must establish new Success-specific processes and systems for hiring plans and recruitment and onboarding support in coordination with central HR. This is a highly cross-functional role and must exhibit excellent executive-level communication skills and stakeholder management.
Reports To: Senior Director, Services Operations & Analytics
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as lead strategic thinker to Success leadership regarding alignment of our resource management and staffing model
- Resource and Staffing Model
- Build understanding of existing resource and staffing models (e.g., use of full-time, seasonal, part-time, contract staff) and proactively review staffing utilization data to develop meaningful insights on staffing trends, forecasts, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern
- Develop strategic viewpoints about how our staffing model must evolve to support an increasingly diverse mix of professional learning services and products and explore opportunities of using external partners / organizations
- Develop recommendations and lead efforts to implement changes to resource and staffing model with Success leadership and HR
- Define approach and monitor effectiveness of how to drive accountability to Success-wide strategic KPIs and goals into team and individual-level and leads efforts to align existing systems, structures, and processes (e.g., individual performance goals and compensation structures)
- Support development of Success-specific systems, processes, and tools to understand, monitor, and manage performance of Success staff
- Hiring and Recruitment Planning
- Develop annual hiring and recruitment rhythm that responds to needs and timing of Great Minds fiscal year and school year calendar
- Develop role-specific recruitment and onboarding processes for Success positions, in collaboration with central HR
- Lead efforts to monitor, at a national level, forecasted services, current staff utilization, and talent/skill gaps to inform short-term and long-term hiring needs and training opportunities
- Approve internal Success hiring recommendations and requests
- Lead coordination with HR and finance on workforce and hiring recommendations, including lead development of workforce plan as part of annual budget development
- Coordinate contract administration with GM Legal for seasonal and fellow staffing programs
- Manage Team
- Manage small team to support execution of resource and staffing management and recruitment and onboarding support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in workforce or talent strategy leadership role in education professional learning or services background and 3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated experience establishing new resource management and workforce functions and processes in an entrepreneurial environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional ability to tackle new ambiguous problems and build right-sized solutions that balance short-term and long-term needs
- Proven stakeholder engagement experience in cross-functional environment, coupled with finesse in building collaborative, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Strong presentation skills with exceptional written and oral communication utilized for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Team player with a commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Prior education leadership or management expertise
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by educators and their leaders working toward improving student learning outcomes
- Highly collaborative with the ability to consistently exhibit diplomacy, tact, and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
The expected base salary range for this position is $123,000.00-$135,000.00. The offered salary, benefits and other incentives are dependent on numerous factors including, but not limited to location, work experience, skills and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.