Associate Director, Workforce Strategy and Solutions
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesSuccess
Great Minds, a rapidly growing Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high-quality knowledge building instructional materials for grades PK–12, seeks an Associate Director, Workforce Strategy and Capacity Planning to join our dynamic Success team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Great Minds is looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical leader to join our team as Associate Director, Workforce Strategy and Solutions working in our Customer Success Operations and Analytics team. In this role, the individual must lead the definition of a workforce strategy and services talent model for the entire Success organization as we continue to grow at a rapid pace and evolve our services and supports for school districts in the implementation of high-quality curriculum. This is a highly strategic and cross-functional role and must be adept at communicating and managing relationships at an executive level.
This is a newly created position that must face tough, critical challenges how Success can grow a services business in a scalable and sustainable way and therefore must explore new workforce models and strategies (e.g., new channels, new partnerships, new types of employment), embedding performance management across teams to help drive accountability, and building better data tools and reports to support stronger decision making. You should be an expert at driving new ideas with the ability to see them from the ideation phase to due diligence, execution, and iteration. This is an excellent opportunity for talent and workforce leader in a high-paced corporate environment or a consultant specializing in talent, human capital, or organizational change who has a keen interest in solving challenges in the way work gets done in a highly ambiguous environment.
Reports To: Senior Director, Services Operations & Analytics
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as key leader to Success leadership to set strategy and seek alignment of our workforce strategy and services deployment model, our portfolio of professional learning services, and enterprise-level goals and key objectives for scalability, sustainability, and impact to our customers
- Build a deep understanding of best-in-class workforce models and services strategies in the K-12 curriculum services space as well as in other industries to form hypotheses for how our services business must evolve as we grow
- Independently drive strategic projects to address a number of fundamental workforce and talent related challenges and create compelling recommendations for new models, policies and processes, solutions, and tools to Success Leadership and the Great Minds executive leadership
- Closely collaborate with Implementation Services leadership workforce management impact on services delivery, feedback from the field, and strategic planning
- Coordinate across other business units in Great Minds including Sales, Product, and Finance to understand the needs and impact of workforce changes in Success through narrative and storytelling
- Explore and evaluate partnerships with other professional learning companies as a possible mode to support growth and expansion
- Manage the Success workforce plan, in coordination with HR and finance, and lead efforts to monitor forecasted services, current staff utilization, and talent/skill gaps to inform short-term and long-term hiring needs and training opportunities
- Work closely with the Strategy & Analytics team to build rich data pipelines on the performance of our workforce and deliver a series of tools and reports to provide visibility for better decision-making regarding workforce planning for Success and across Great Minds
- Define approach and monitor effectiveness of how to drive accountability to Success-wide strategic KPIs and goals into team and individual-level and leads efforts to align existing systems, structures, and processes (e.g., individual performance goals and compensation structures)
- Lead development of a Success recruitment calendar and coordinate heavily with HR and finance on workforce and hiring recommendations, including lead development of workforce plan as part of annual budget development
- Manage an analyst to support research and analysis activities for key projects and various operational activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in workforce or talent leadership role or management consulting
- Entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional ability to tackle new ambiguous problems and build right-sized solutions that balance short-term and long-term needs
- Strong ability to harness data and evidence to create compelling recommendations and narratives for change
- Proven stakeholder engagement experience in cross-functional environment, coupled with finesse in building collaborative, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Strong presentation skills with exceptional written and oral communication utilized for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Team player with a commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum and improving K-12 education in the US
- Experience in product or project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch
- Prior education leadership or management expertise
- Understanding and experience in utilizing change management methodologies (e.g., Prosci)
- Highly collaborative with the ability to consistently exhibit diplomacy, tact, and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
The expected base salary range for this position is $123,000.00-$135,000.00. The offered salary, benefits and other incentives are dependent on numerous factors including, but not limited to location, work experience, skills and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.