Associate Director, Quality Assurance
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Associate Director, Quality Assurance.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As Associate Director of QA for our digital platform, you ensure the quality of our digital consumer-facing products. You are the champion of quality and QA leader for our digital products. You do this by defining our overall approach to quality and ensuring it is executed appropriately. You coach and mentor a team of quality assurance leads and analysts as they hone their craft by executing your quality assurance strategy. You collaborate with our vendor partners to ensure they are following similar quality approaches to the ones you define.
- Define and/or refine processes related to digital product quality assurance, using Quality Assurance best practices
- Set the overall quality control approach for digital products, in collaboration with our vendor partners, engineering managers, and product management.
- Select and recommend tools and products related to test management, manual and automated testing, and to improve process and productivity.
- Align QA team members to initiatives and to teams in accordance with team member growth and business need
- Set guidelines for test plan and test case documentation. Work with teams to ensure adherence to those guidelines.
- Coach and mentor quality assurance team members in their career growth and lead hiring efforts to bring in new quality assurance team members
- Maintain a software testing pipeline for current and future initiatives, track bandwidth of QA resources and allocate resources to teams per the pipeline, bandwidth, and team member growth opportunities
- Generate test estimates and create test schedules according to test estimates and resource availability
- 8+ years experience in software development where your role was in the testing function – including experience as a test lead, test analyst and/or as a test automation engineer
- Knowledge of automated testing principles and tools (e.g. Selenium, Newman, Testcafe). Able to differentiate approaches between backend and front-end strategies.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment where your role spans multiple scrum teams (e.g. at the program or portfolio level)
- Ability to define overall quality approach and communicate that to teams of engineers and testers so they can execute your strategy.
- Knowledge of cloud native and/or micro-service application architectures
- Experience leading a team of testers
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance best practices and ability to define software quality metrics
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification preferred, or equivalent body of knowledge
- Experience working in EdTech industry preferred
- Washington, DC
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.