Associate Director, Product Management
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCScience
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an Associate Director, Product Management to join our dynamic and growing science department.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Great Minds is seeking an Associate Director, Product Management responsible for overseeing the ongoing growth and maintenance of our PhD Science product portfolio.
To accomplish this, the Science Product Management Team acts as a hub and interfaces across the entirety of Great Minds to ensure clear and consistent communication of objectives and decisions.
Associate Directors, Product Management at Great Minds are as comfortable discussing priorities in a strategic roadmap as they are leading a sales presentation for customers or pitching to senior leadership. Their flexibility and connectedness are essential to managing numerous competing workstreams and stakeholders. Most importantly, Associate Directors are the voice of the customer and bring a combination of qualitative and quantitative data sets to support prioritization between and within product development. Associate Directors are also responsible for coaching and managing members of the Product Management team.
- Work effectively with Science leadership and other stakeholders to oversee and lead alignment on strategies, roadmaps, and portfolio tradeoffs, maintaining a prioritized multi-year roadmap.
- Deeply understand customer, partner, and internal group drivers to identify and scope products and priorities that improve customer satisfaction, business performance, and user experience.
- Coach, mentor, and manage more junior members of the product management team, working with the Science leadership to establish structures for team support.
- Conduct and maintain comprehensive product ROI analyses for the Science department.
- Implement and improve voice of customer frameworks and metrics to identify trends and influences across multiple customers, partners, and internal groups.
- Lead research of the K-12 Science competitive landscape including deep dives into key competitors and read shifts in customer preferences to inform product development, messaging, and positioning.
- Proactively partner with Implementation Success, Sales, and Marketing to ensure success across Go to Market activities for each new product or feature launch, through product training, to ensure alignment of messaging across all products, marketing materials, and customer interactions.
- Coordinate with project management to create replicable processes and templates for each phase of the product development life cycle, including product management.
- Establish product pricing, supported by cost data and market pricing research and in collaboration with leaders from sales and finance departments.
- Lead a growing team of product managers, user researchers and data analysts, serving as the direct supervisor of 3-7 team members.
- Set and monitor annual and quarterly team and individual goals, strategically prioritizing the teams efforts in service of the organizational, and departmental goals and core values.
- Build a positive work culture that elevates the organization’s core values.
- Create and lead effective communication and collaboration across teams and stakeholders, including maintaining a single, accessible source of truth for accurate and timely data relevant to product scope and release dates; produce and present accurate and timely data to support risk mitigation, on-going decision making, and strategic planning.
- 7+ years of experience working in education publishing with a track record of success in product development, digital product management, and/or curriculum development
- Knowledgeable of project breakdowns, budget, and scheduling, and an understanding of how to successfully track a project from prototype through production and to market launch
- Be a self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments, is detail-oriented and thorough
- Demonstrate expertise in product management tools and processes
- Demonstrate impeccable social, oral communication, and writing skills needed to synthesize market, customer, and cross-organizational needs for a specific audience, particularly those new to product mindset, digital development, and/or revenue-driven decision-making
- Demonstrate competence in understanding and communicating requirements across varied functions including, content creators, expert consultants, tech developers, user experience designers, product marketers, finance, and executive leadership
- Hold a deep belief that every child is capable of greatness and a respect and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum
- Appreciate the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Graduate degree (Business Administration or Education)
- Some travel is required
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.