Art Production Coordinator, Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking an Art Production Coordinator, Production Services to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Reporting to the Senior Designer Art Production; the Art Production Coordinator, Production Services coordinates the production of art and image creation and production for digital and print curricular lines in our humanities, mathematics and science. This role will manage large art projects of 100s of images being created to editorial requirements with both templated and freeform art. The role will manage multiple offshore and US based art production suppliers and ensure correct art rendering and file creation for print and online. The role will require previous production experience to meet deadlines and managing the art production.
- Remotely oversee the work of independent illustrators, in-house illustrators, and art production suppliers to create multiple art programs. Have a strong appreciation that the artwork and illustrations will play an important part of student and teacher experience of the curriculum and products of the Great Minds brand.
- Have proven experience in art production using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and or Paint. Ability to make updates and changes in different file formats to ensure correct creation of images to editorial requirements.
- Understanding of print and online production requirements for image processing and delivery.
- Full understanding of RGB image processing for online images, CMYK print color management and grayscale image processing for print.
- Full understanding of print requirements for image reproduction.
- Ability to manage multiple large image projects and suppliers delivering for each project.
- Ability to work remotely with a team in Great Minds to achieve project goals.
- Ability to communicate with offshore teams in India and US based teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience in publishing art production management required
- 3 + years of experience coordinating art programs with offshore and US based suppliers
- Ability to problem solve image production issues that arise from printers and image production suppliers.
- Past training in color management and print production art production
- Experience in book or journal publishing image production preferred.
- Experience with producing and coordinating art production and rendering in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent project management skills in working on multiple projects and managing timelines and delivery schedules.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with current graphic design software and tools, practices and procedures including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Background in working in a digital asset management platform.
- Background in working in a project management platform such as Smart Sheet or Microsoft Project.
- A passion for graphic production across print and electronic delivery to multiple product deliverables
- Ability to give direction to our suppliers and critique with diplomacy to achieve the goals for each art program
- Ability to coordinate work effectively with graphics production teams and interact with editorial and production teams remotely
- Ability to follow and coordinate artistic guidelines across varied products and media as required
- A flexible, versatile nature with the willingness to prioritize efforts to align with organizational goals
- A sensitivity to audience, political circumstance, market realities, and customer needs across communications
- An academic and growth mindset
- An intellectual curiosity, and a keen attention to detail
- A propensity to thrive in both in-person and remote work settings
- This position is a remote position based in a home office or at the Great Minds office in Washington DC.
- Excellent benefits package
Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com.
If selected a background check will be required